10 Easy Ways to Start Living Sustainably at The Nate
Tackling an eco-friendly lifestyle can sometimes be daunting, however the lifestyle changes are simpler than most realise. Here are ten easy life changes you can make at The Nate to make in order to live life more sustainably and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn off the lights in rooms that are not in use.
- Shorten your showers.
- Donate unwanted items or clothing so they can be reused instead of sent to the landfill. Make sure the organisation you donate to is environmentally friendly first, such as Redress Hong Kong.
- Use our complimentary reusable water bottle, as well as other reusable products such as cutlery and food containers. Well# stations are available at every floor and at the 12th Floor Common Area.
- Opt out of using plastic bags by bringing your own shopping bags to the grocery store. You could even use The Nate’s welcome bag!
- For free exercise, opt to take the stairs rather than the elevator, whether that be at The Nate or even just at MTR stations.
- Utilise public transportation methods such as taking the MTR (2 minutes away from The Nate) or bus station (6 minutes away).
- Turn off the Air Conditioner when you are out of your studio.
- Make sure to recycle, The Nate provides recycling bins at the 12th Floor Communal Kitchen.
- If you cook too much food, keep your leftovers in the fridge for another day rather than letting the food go to waste. Better yet, offer to share your meal with another tenant and make a new friend!