The Nate with District15 Platforms is excited to launch an artist residency competition at The Nate (176 Nathan Road, Tsim Shai Tsui) for emerging local artists in Hong Kong. This residency will be for the whole month of February 2020 and will offer the selected artist:
-A platform to raise their profile,
-Exclusive space to curate and develop their ongoing project.
-A one month stay in one of The Nate’s studios
The artwork created during the residency will be featured on District15 Platforms and The Nate websites and will hang in one of the common areas at The Nate.
An open call to find the resident artist starts from 11 November, with a judging panel made up of renowned art critic Diana D’Arenberg, Co-Founder of HKwalls Jason Dembski, local Hong Kong artist Go-Hung, local Hong Kong artist Marc Allante and Co-Founder of District15 Alex Bent.
The deadline for submission will be on 10 December and the selected artist will be announced on 5 January 2020. The residency programme will start on 1 February 2020.
“District15 is committed to supporting local artists in Hong Kong and we hope this artist in the residency program at our development The Nate helps to give one of these artists a platform for their work” says Alex Bent, co-founder of District15.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Hold a permanent Hong Kong Identity Card
- There is no general criteria for artwork submitted and the artwork will be judged in the context of the artwork and the artwork itself.
- One month stay at The Nate
- Access to a working studio at The Nate
- Promotion of Artist on our websites and all media platforms
Click here to sign up